BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Adieu '09...

2009 was a year that will always make me smile. I think, in the past few months, I've grown up in a way I really needed to. I feel wiser; I feel like I know myself much better now than I did a year ago.

This was a fulfilling year, so to speak.I did a lot of good work academically, I blogged a lot more than I did in the past two years and I formed new bonds with new people and redefined bonds with some old friends.

I also made my own share of mistakes, like I always do. But I guess now I just know how to deal with them much better.

I surprised and shocked myself like I'd never imagined. Maybe it was thrill, maybe it was my genuineness. Nonetheless, the woman staring back at me from across the mirror smiles knowingly; like she understands more about life now than she ever did before.

Life sprang surprises on me too. And quite a few of them. I think I learnt from them that when you become indifferent to something, no matter how important it was to you at some point of time, it walks up to you on its own and gives you what you deserve.

I unearthed a few forgotten talents. I started working on a few of them, and I realised that some of them needed desperate sculpting.
 
I travelled. I saw new places, and met people. And I shopped.

I learnt certain things about male psychology that will always help me. And God knows how badly I needed such lessons.

I sang in front of an audience after ages.
 
I understood that an apparent 'lack of expressions' can convey much more than words or actions.

I took risks.

I wore a saree to the Pujo for the first time

And, most importantly, I felt like 'God's Child' after years.

I wonder what 2010 has in store for me. But whether good or bad, I know that one year later, I will have learnt much more than I know today. And I look forward to all that learning.

Much Love,

Me.



.

8 Words Of Wisdom (WOWs):

Aki said...

Dear Misha

Going through your post i just wanna say that ,in my opinion, you've had a fantastic year!
You learnt, and have come out with an experienced & wiser head on your shoulders, & most importantly as a graceful person in your life who ,now, has even more persons to influence & also has the capability to do so..

I wish that may you have even better years to come in your life!

Keep Rocking! Keep smiling!! Keep spreading the smiles!!!

God Bless

- Aki

Girish Shahane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
overturned blue shoe said...

my god, the tanushree-of-the-school days has really come a long way.lovely to know you're enjoying your journey so far :)

Polo said...

Internal Revelations! I never thought of doing that for the year gone by.
But then again, I really don't want to, until I have something concrete at hand as proof for those revelations.
This comment is me being me.
And I know you love me!
Glad to be a spectator of sorts during your growth spurt this past year!
:-)

Mishree said...

@ Jen...now aren't you contradicting urself??n as for the "coming a long way" bit, haven't we all............... ;-)

Mishree said...

@ Polo...it is the "you being you" bit that has addicted me to your blog :D so no diversions from there ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Mishree said...

Hi Anonymous...

Thanx a ton...and I'd really love it if you commented on a few more posts,helping me with how I can improve.Please do that if you have the time!

Take Care...

Mishree.